One-pan summer-style chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large chicken thigh
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp honey
- Steamed couscous, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
Heat 1/2 the oil in a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium- high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in pan over medium- high heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery and capsicum, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add garlic, coriander seeds and bay leaves. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add vinegar, wine and 1⁄2 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Add thyme. Season. Cover. Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove lid. Spoon over sauce mixture. Drizzle with honey. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Serve with couscous, lemon wedges and coriander sprigs.