Easy spicy chicken skewers
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves and stalks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 800g Cammaroto Poultry thigh fillet cut into 3 pieces
- 2 large zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, cut into 1.5 x 4cm strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into small wedges
- Chargrilled lemon wedges, to serve
Place the chilli, garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin and cardamom in a small food processor. Process until coarsely chopped. Add 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) oil. Process until combined. Transfer to a bowl. Season well. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, thread the chicken, zucchini, capsicum and onion onto 12 metal or presoaked bamboo skewers
Transfer two-thirds of the sauce to a small serving bowl and set aside.
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high. Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to the remaining sauce. Brush all over the skewers. Cook the skewers, turning and brushing with more of the sauce, for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Serve the skewers with the reserved sauce and chargrilled lemon wedges to squeeze over.