- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3Cammaroto Poultry Chicken Breasts
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 220g jar mixed marinated olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves
Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 12 to 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Reduce heat to low. Return potato to pan. Add butter and milk. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining oil to pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, anchovy and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes, sugar, oregano, chilli and 1⁄4 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Return chicken to pan with olives. Cook, stirring, for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Stir in half the capers. Sprinkle chicken with basil and remaining capers. Serve with mashed potato.